Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Making a Home

Yesterday I got a break from the intensity of wedding "to-dos" and got to spend the afternoon with our "marriage lesson givers" 3 adorable girls.

The big task of the day: To plan a "fancy tea party"!  What could be a better way to spend an afternoon in this hectic season of my life.

They came with me to one of my last wedding dress fittings (Thanks to Pure Barre, I have to have it taken in!) and while I was worried how 3 little girls (ages 3-7) would behave in such a new and quiet place, they were amazing! They sat in awe at a table, looked at Bridal magazines and gave their feed back on the dress.

When we got back, we began preparation for the tea party.  The middle little girl made our to do list and  2 hours later, we were ready to be served.
In the midst of Planning for the tea party

My place setting.  Note that we made our own placemats with pictures from a bridal magazine, and note that my silverware is tied and my name written on it :)  It's all in the details!
The finished product! Ta-Da!
I haven't been exposed much to young couples homes.  I have been in college (where there are no families) and then home with families of children my age or a little younger.  I love being in Beth and Josh's home.  They have done such a good job of making it beautiful, functional and fun for the girls.  Everything has it's place, the girls know where that is, and it makes playing so much fun!

With all of this weddingness, it's nice to be reminded that the wedding is NOT the final destination!

Now on to my HUGE list of to-do's so that my planner doesn't not pull her hair out (and so I guess we have a functional wedding?)

No comments:

Post a Comment