Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wake Forest Road Trip

After our extremely intense week of tests, we came home, packed and then took Annabelle to Christin, my sorority sisters house or *Camp Boggs* as we called it.  They have 5 other dogs, so Annabelle was in HEAVEN!
Once we dropped her off, we made our way from Louisville KY to Winston-Salem NC.  We arrived around a 11 p.m, EXACTLY when Josh, Bill and Sarah arrived from tally. 
The 5 of us shared one room that had one king sized bed!! I thought it was going to be much worse than it was but it was a good weekend to be a girl because the girls  got the bed while the boys slept on air mattresses:
   The next day we woke up all pumped for the game.  We had our gameday attire on and were ready.  



Its was such a fun game until we lost.  And that's all I'll say about that :)

After the game we went to O'Charley's and had dinner while the boys watched all the other games that were on:

That night we did my most favorite thing ever! We played Settlers of Catan! Another friend Megan came over to play with us and OMG Most FUN and addicting board game ever!!  But you need 4 players to play so it's a special thing nowadays to get to play it.... Needless to say, we had a ball.  We also stopped to get milkshakes from this "Amazing Milkshake" Place CookOut.  They were really yummy!



The next day we drove over to Durham NC so that Bill, Josh and Sarah could hang with Megan, I could see my bestie Ashley who's going to Duke and also so that I could meet Chris's long time bff Kyle and his wife Megan.  Kyle was the last of the groomsmen that I hadn't met.  They have lived in Alaska for the past 4 years, so there's a good reason why!  

Anyways, we went to lunch with Kyle and Megan and they were amazing.  Such a fail that I didn't snap a picture.....

After lunch, Ashley and I went on our merry way.  We started out by her showing me around her new home.  OMG it's amazing!  It's a JOKE that she goes to school at that gorgeous school.  



 After the campus, we went to the hospital.  We almost got lost!  How hilarious is this? We found this mini door that saids "Ninja Exit"! 
Then we went to the Gardens. It was out of this world.  Huge, magical, gorgeous, serene.  What a treat!  There are multiple trails and fountains and ponds.  Absolutely something out of a book!

Then we had MANDATORY retail therapy.  We jackpotted it at J.Crew but then toyed with our emotions by going into Pottery Barn Kids and another homie interior design place.  I'm thinking that like I had the 10 year rule about not marrying Chris til we had dated for 10 years and that went out the window, that my 10 year rule of having our first baby 10 years after we're married will go out the window.  Especially if I go back into Pottery Barn Kids!!

Anyways when we were done with the shopping bliss, we continued the bliss by going to Sugarland on UNC's campus.  It's a delightful cupcake and coffee shop and we spent nearly 2 hours there just slowly enjoying out little pieces of heaven and talking through everything.  Its so weird how some subjects are not talkable over the phone. Ashely and I keep up pretty well I thought but when in person, so much more is said.  It was a vacay for my soul to have that blessed conversation with her!


Then the rest of the troops came to join us and we went back to Winston-Salem.  We played Catan one more time and I won!  
The next morning Bill, Josh and Sarah left super early.  Chris and I were close behind them.  

It was SUCH a fun relaxing weekend with FSU and good friends.  Hard to beat that combo! I'm so thankful Chris and I are blessed with good friends... It's going to make life so much fun together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment